Modeling Commissions: Low and Medium Poly
*Updated August 25th, 2014*
The much over due update I’ve been planning for the past month. I have less free time now due to group projects, but demand has been increasing, so time to adjust what I can offer at what prices :)
View the commission page here or previous commissions here
*****Average Prices Breakdown for one Character with prop*****
(Not set in stone, can vary based on complexity, just guidelines)
$20~$30: Nintendo 64/PlayStation quality – Model, texture, and if needed, rigged and ready for animation
~$60~$100: Dreamcast quality - model and texture, and if needed, rigged ready for animation.
~$15 Short Animation (1-3 sec): In addition to model price.
~$100+: Anything more detailed than Dreamcast level. Price is negotiable based on character/texture complexity; we can talk :)
Step 1: What I need from you:
- Reference image(s): Photo, drawing, sketch, whatever (T-poses works best, but I can work with almost anything)
- email address to contact you, if you want better-than-tumblr-quality-gifs, or need the model files/textures for personal use.
Step 2: Let me look over it and respond before paying anything! I will let you know such and when I’ve started and how long it is expected to take.
Step 3: Pay (please!) the agreed amount! Paypal Donate button on my tumblr or click here
Step 4: Depending on the complexity of your request, it will be done typically in 2-3 days, expect longer for more complex/detailed models.
Step 5: What you get: Still image of final render and geometry, turn-around of final render and geometry, and animated gif if requested/paid.
I can also upload the model to browser 3d viewer Sketchfab if requested. It allows for anyone to view models in rotatable 3D in your web browser, no installation or software necessary!
Want more than one character/model/prop modeled?
- Can negotiate pricing on such if you intend to be a repeat customer :)
Want the actual model files?
- Additional cost, but Models, textures, and/or rigs are available upon request Just ASK
Questions, suggestions, concerns, don’t like something: PLEASE speak up!
Few Detail Rules:
- Its preferable to have a front, side, and back view, but I am able work with less if there is no detail on the back, or is obvious.
- I am not a character designer, please don’t ask me to “make something up” or “use my imagination” on your character: As commissioned, my job is to simply translate your 2D concept into a 3D model. I am not a good character designer…
Will be under 1000 polygons. As few triangles as necessary to achieve the desired profile and silhouette, while maintaining a low poly aesthetic.
- You will receive the watermark-free images/gifs and in higher resolution than what tumblr allows.
- I will post a watermark version of the commission on the Regressor crediting you with a link to your blog (if you want).
Any and all of these rules are subject to change and revision depending on customer/fan feedback.
Feedback, suggestions, concerns, questions are always welcome! My inbox is always open.
You all are the best!
- Mark (a.k.a. The Regressor)
Top/Bottom examples from left to right:
(links to commission and user respectively)
“Moth” - lazymoth
“Sick Flamingo" - krystalcoconut
“Blu deAni/Teala Hart" - mahoukokorohime
”Eferibus” - villainsvoice
”Emily Wingate” - angrilyeverafter
“Eye Ball Shaun" - fiercethebandit
and Avatar of lillydachic
Search “commissions” tag or click here for all examples and previous commission posts.